Using Mind Maps to Learn Shakespeare
William Shakespeare left this earth nearly 400 years ago, yet English students still study Shakespeare today.
We explore the genius of Shakespeare, and using Mind Maps to learn Shakespeare, to give you a novel and exciting experience of his plays to make learning Shakespeare faster and easier.
What is it that makes Shakespeare so great?
- Is it the fact that he wrote in a complicated rhythm called Iambic Pantameter?
- Is it because his plots and themes are still as relevant today as it was 400 hundred years ago?
- Is it because human nature, as brought forth in his plays, hasn't changed much?
- Is it because he actually invented new words still in use today - like assassin?
Well, each of the above questions reveals a genius, but to have all that in one person is a miracle.
Can you see why you may be 'forced' to study Shakespeare?
So, the next time you have to study Shakespeare, look beyond the 'Olde English' and beyond the complicated structures and seek out the genius that is William Shakespeare.
Because of Shakespeare's impact on English Literature and the Dramatic Arts, many of the actors of the modern world have chosen to have at least one Shakespeare performance under their belt.
Here are a few examples of modern actors playing Shakespeare in movies:
- Leonardo DiCaprio - Romeo and Juliet
- Mel Gibson - Hamlet
- Marlon Brando - Julius Caesar
- Elizabeth Taylor - The Taming of The Shrew
- Al Pacino - The Merchant of Venice
- Laurence Fishburne - Othello
- Denzel Washington - Much Ado About Nothing
- Keanu Reeves - Much Ado About Nothing
Then we also have a few modern movies inspired by Shakespeare
. I'm sure many of them may surprise you:
- O - Othello - Starring Mekhi Phifer and Julia Stiles
- Get Over It - A Midsummer Night's Dream - Starring Kirsten Dunst
- 10 Things I hate about you - The Taming of The Shrew - Starring Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger
- She's the Man - Twelfth Night - Starring Channing Tatum and Amanda Byrnes
- The Lion King - Hamlet - Animated
- Romeo must die - Romeo and Juliet - Starring Jet Li and Aaliyah
To make the Studying of Shakespeare's plays easier, exciting and fun, we have produced a set of Mind Map Tutors
on many of the famous plays.
By going through our Mind Maps, you will get a holistic, visual guide to the essence of the plays.
As usual our Mind Maps start with an overview, which serves as the framework. Each branch then drills into the details and back up to the overview. Or you could simply go directly to the Mind Map that you are interested in.
Each Mind Map Tutor has a basic framework, plus additional branches unique to the play at hand. This will provide consistency, but also build up a unique picture of each of the plays.
So, if you have to study Shakespeare, and want to see Shakespeare like never before, have a look at our Shakespeare Mind Map Tutors, or our page on how to study Shakespeare.
Shakespeare has never been this interesting, or easy to learn!
Subscribe to Using Mind Maps
Get Access to the Best Mind Mapping Tips, Tools, Techniques Resources and Opinions.
Return from Shakespeare to Using Mind Maps Home Page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.